Sex Articles & Information
A vibrator is a great way to add even more pleasure to your life. Ours come in every shape and size, from small finger vibes to larger toys that feature various speeds, pulse patterns, and rotating components.
The humble Vibrator is arguably the best known of all sex toys. Buzzing onto the scene (officially) around the end of the 19th century, the vibrator started out as a medical device used to treat, among other ailments, the fabled ‘female hysteria’. Doctors would administer electromechanical stimulation to bring on ‘hysterical paroxysm’, or what we now know as orgasm.
Fast forward a few decades and a sexual revolution later to the good ol’ Magic Wand, a still best-selling electric massage wand originally designed as a body massager. Word of mouth spread that the screamingly powerful Wand doubled as a pleasure tool, and to this day, it’s one of the top toy recommendations for people who have trouble climaxing. Vibrator design has come a very long way since, and it’s constantly evolving as we continue to learn about pleasure needs, wants and ways.
Some vibrators are super-versatile, like the traditional smooth tapered variety, the classic bullet vibe or the famous wand. Others are geared to more specific pleasure purposes, like the G-Spot and Clitoral Vibe, and some, like the Rabbit, offer dual or even triple stimulation. Recently, a new trend of touchless pressure wave/pleasure air technology has taken the toy word by steamy storm. Most of our vibes are backed by honest reviews and ratings, plus, they’re organized by best seller (unless you change the option). Take some time to browse, or head straight to the bestsellers. Just remember that a vibrator is not one-size-fits-(or pleases)-all, every body is different, amazing and deserving of pleasure.
Types of Vibrators
They say variety is the spice of life, and this is certainly the case when it comes to vibrators. Here are the different types of vibrators:
- Anal vibrators feature slim shafts and a beaded or ridged texture designed for backdoor pleasure. Anal vibrators can stimulate a man’s prostate or a woman’s G-spot, making them a popular choice for foreplay or solo play.
- Bullet and egg vibrators are small, discrete toys that know how to get the job done. Many women like the portability factor since they’re easy to slip into a suitcase for a stimulating experience away from home.
- Butterfly vibrators use straps to secure the toy over the vagina and are perfect for hands-free masturbation or foreplay. Strap on your butterfly vibrator in bed, while watching TV, or anytime the mood is right.
- Classic vibrators are the go-to sex toy for many women. Cylindrical in shape, they’re designed for easy penetration and often provide a range of intensities to suit your mood.
- Clitoral vibrators are perfect for the woman who wants to get right down to business. Clit vibes deliver puffs of air or pinpoint vibrations to the clitoris for intense orgasms. These small sex toys are easy to take with you on business trips or vacations.
- Couple’s vibrators have something for everyone. Designed with gentle curves and stimulating textures, many can be inserted or used to stimulate the clit, anus, or shaft.
- Dual stimulators deliver intense vibrations to multiple intimate areas. Vaginal/clitoral and vaginal/anal vibrators expand your options when it comes to masturbation and foreplay. If one vibrator is good, two must be better!
- Finger vibrators can be worn by you or your partner. It’s easy to deliver intense stimulation right where it’s needed when this toy is wrapped around your finger.
- G-spot vibrators feature gentle curves that make it easier to stimulate that most important area. Ideal for foreplay and solo enjoyment, every woman should have a G-spot vibe in her nightstand.
- Realistic vibrators suggest that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Simulated ridges, veins, and bumps provide an authentic feel while advanced materials warm up quickly to match your body heat. We even have rotating and thrusting models available.
- Rabbit vibrators feature a main shaft and a smaller extension designed to stimulate the clitoris. One of our most popular sex toys, rabbit vibes work hard to make sure you enjoy yourself.
- Vibrating panties are a sexy take on small vibrators. Most feature a remote-controlled toy you can slip into a pouch in the panties. Hand the remote to a partner and let them tease you with unexpected waves of pleasure. Some models are even quiet enough to be worn in public.
- Wand massagers have a devoted fanbase and it’s easy to understand why. Wands provide some of the most intense vibrations you’ll find in any sex toy. Value discretion? Many resemble traditional back massagers.
How to Choose a Vibrator?
With so many vibrators to choose from, finding the right sex toy depends on your own preferences.
Options like bullet vibrators and slip-on finger vibes offer intense stimulation in a compact package. Perfect for discreet solo sessions and small enough to be used during your favorite positions with a partner, bullets and finger vibes are the ideal size to throw into your purse or suitcase for on-the-go pleasure.
If vaginal penetration is your goal, size definitely matters. Consider a classic vibrator, realistic dildo, or large vibrator. Men and women interested in backdoor pleasure will find what they’re looking for with an anal vibrator.
G-spot vibrators and dual stimulators like the classic rabbit are specifically designed to hit just the right spots, every time.
All of our vibrators have one thing in common: the ability to deliver amazing sensations. Choose from a wide selection of brands including Lelo vibrators, Womanizer, and We-vibe, just to name a few.
The vibrators sold on our site are made from only the highest quality material, whether it’s plastic, gel, or silicone that you prefer. Waterproof vibrators can be taken into the shower or bath without worrying about them getting wet as you play.
Size and shape are just part of the equation; the intensity of vibrations can determine whether or not a toy “works” for you.
Vibrators can deliver intense stimulation, a gentle buzz, and everything in between. Pleasure isn’t just determined by intensity. In fact, powerful vibrators can be great for some people and uncomfortable for others.
With this in mind, Love23rd.com offers a range of vibrators. Most have various vibration modes, pulse patterns, and a tantalizing texture for different levels of sexual pleasure.
Battery vs. Plug-In Vibrators
Vibrators need a power source to do their job. The majority use AA or AAA batteries but there are also rechargeable vibrators. Most vibrating wand massagers plug into a power outlet.
Batteries are easy to replace but it can be frustrating to turn on your vibe and realize they’re completely drained. On the other hand, a plug-in vibrator won’t leave you high-and-dry as long as the power is on. However, these vibes may not be as versatile since you always need to be near an outlet.